We hired an RV to do a family coast to coast trip with Cruise America. Unfortunately, I found that size of the RV and the rocking effect due to the cheap model of RV has meant that I felt very ill and unable to support my husband with the driving. We felt it was dangerous for us to continue on such a long journey.
When I called Cruise America Customer Assistance for assistance, I was shocked by the company’s very deliberate disinterest and lack of responsiveness. Cruise America promised to let me know within 24 or, latest, 48 hours whether we could drop the RV (a week early and with an additional fee) at another location on the west side of the US. The answer was not forthcoming, even after many hours of listening to their recorded marketing jargon on the Customer Assistance line: “You’ve reached the Cruise America travellers assistance department… all our agents are currently serving other customers…your call is important to us…one moment please, someone will be with you shortly”. Call waiting times averaged 30-40 minutes.
Five days later, there was still no answer and when eventually I forced a response after waiting yet again on their awful Helpline, they said the request had been “denied by Upper Management” as it was not a breakdown of their vehicle. I asked them to talk about my situation, they said said “that’s a whole different situation and we don’t discuss that”. Finally they said “you have a nice day” and hung up!
This left us with absolutely no option but to continue in this unsatisfactory state, driving a badly-designed and heavy RV thousands of miles with limited time and only one active driver – the other one sick and unable to help out either with the driving or the camping and childcare.
Cruise America is a company entirely dedicated to their own, rather than their customers’ convenience. My strong advice to would-be RV renters is to use one of the other providers in the US.
I wish I had seen this website before booking our own trip!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Good design of rv interior and cupboards
What I disliked
- Insufficient cooking equipment
- Poor quality and unhygienic bedding supplied
- Customer services representatives were mostly rude and unhelpful
- Lack of accountability and contact details for staff
You May Also Like
- "Filthy, ants, roaches and the smell was horrible. We had to purchase cleaning products to wash every inch of the interior. Please to not rent from this company in Tampa.io;j.˚˜b..."
- "We rented a motor home from C/A for Memorial weekend 2016. Upon arriving home we loaded the motor home with our belongings with the idea of my wife putting..."
- "Denied - for no reason. I meet all of their requirements but was denied a membership. I gave them my social security number, address, photo of my license, photo of..."
- "My husband and I purchased 8 large appliances from Sears in August 2016. We were moving and remodeling a home. We finally had our appliances put in in February 2016...."
- "My wife and I spent the better part of 2 years looking for the right 5th wheel. We found it in the 34 TSRE. We took our trailer on a..."
- "This was the worst experience ever. Staff untrained, found crackers and pubs in "clean" beds, a/c broke, moved to another room a/c broke, smelled like skunk, after all this would..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "I don't usually complain but this time I have to, it was a treat for my husband and I to have my granddaughter with us for dinner she's 16 and..."
- "They do not respect lifetime warranty. I bought these HID Low and High beam. I did had a replacement about a year after I bought. And next year after still do..."