Cruise America - Terrible customer service! Don't use them.

We hired an RV to do a family coast to coast trip with Cruise America. Unfortunately, I found that size of the RV and the rocking effect due to the cheap model of RV has meant that I felt very ill and unable to support my husband with the driving. We felt it was dangerous for us to continue on such a long journey.

When I called Cruise America Customer Assistance for assistance, I was shocked by the company’s very deliberate disinterest and lack of responsiveness. Cruise America promised to let me know within 24 or, latest, 48 hours whether we could drop the RV (a week early and with an additional fee) at another location on the west side of the US. The answer was not forthcoming, even after many hours of listening to their recorded marketing jargon on the Customer Assistance line: “You’ve reached the Cruise America travellers assistance department… all our agents are currently serving other customers…your call is important to us…one moment please, someone will be with you shortly”. Call waiting times averaged 30-40 minutes.

Five days later, there was still no answer and when eventually I forced a response after waiting yet again on their awful Helpline, they said the request had been “denied by Upper Management” as it was not a breakdown of their vehicle. I asked them to talk about my situation, they said said “that’s a whole different situation and we don’t discuss that”. Finally they said “you have a nice day” and hung up!

This left us with absolutely no option but to continue in this unsatisfactory state, driving a badly-designed and heavy RV thousands of miles with limited time and only one active driver – the other one sick and unable to help out either with the driving or the camping and childcare.

Cruise America is a company entirely dedicated to their own, rather than their customers’ convenience. My strong advice to would-be RV renters is to use one of the other providers in the US.

I wish I had seen this website before booking our own trip!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Additional Services

• What I liked
    • Good design of rv interior and cupboards
  • What I disliked
    • Insufficient cooking equipment
    • Poor quality and unhygienic bedding supplied
    • Customer services representatives were mostly rude and unhelpful
    • Lack of accountability and contact details for staff

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Cruise America Rv Rental
Review category
review #899543 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Cruise America? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.