Cruise America - Terrible customer service! Don't use them.
We hired an RV to do a family coast to coast trip with Cruise America. Unfortunately, I found that size of the RV and the rocking effect due to the cheap model of RV has meant that I felt very ill and unable to support my husband with the driving. We felt it was dangerous for us to continue on such a long journey.
When I called Cruise America Customer Assistance for assistance, I was shocked by the company’s very deliberate disinterest and lack of responsiveness. Cruise America promised to let me know within 24 or, latest, 48 hours whether we could drop the RV (a week early and with an additional fee) at another location on the west side of the US. The answer was not forthcoming, even after many hours of listening to their recorded marketing jargon on the Customer Assistance line: “You’ve reached the Cruise America travellers assistance department… all our agents are currently serving other customers…your call is important to us…one moment please, someone will be with you shortly”. Call waiting times averaged 30-40 minutes.
Five days later, there was still no answer and when eventually I forced a response after waiting yet again on their awful Helpline, they said the request had been “denied by Upper Management” as it was not a breakdown of their vehicle. I asked them to talk about my situation, they said said “that’s a whole different situation and we don’t discuss that”. Finally they said “you have a nice day” and hung up!
This left us with absolutely no option but to continue in this unsatisfactory state, driving a badly-designed and heavy RV thousands of miles with limited time and only one active driver – the other one sick and unable to help out either with the driving or the camping and childcare.
Cruise America is a company entirely dedicated to their own, rather than their customers’ convenience. My strong advice to would-be RV renters is to use one of the other providers in the US.
I wish I had seen this website before booking our own trip!
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Good design of rv interior and cupboards
What I disliked
- Insufficient cooking equipment
- Poor quality and unhygienic bedding supplied
- Customer services representatives were mostly rude and unhelpful
- Lack of accountability and contact details for staff
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "BEWARE OF PENSKE, ESPECIALLY FOR ONE-WAY RENTALS! THIS IS SO UNHEARD OF - I WILL TAKE THIS TO THE MEDIA, THE COURTROOM, AND MAKE AS MANY PEOPLE WORLDWIDE AWARE OF..."
- "We experienced mechanical problem from the outset as the clutch was clunky as we drove it away. Clutch subsequently failed and the awful thing was I had my 83 year..."
- "I rented a car from Thrifty by the Portland, OR airport. The location was 1 mile from my hotel. I drove the car to the hotel, and back to Thrifty..."
- "I am having the same experience with Gold Crown Resort. When we purchased our membership we were told the annual renewal fee was waived for life. Now, all of a..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "I own thunder vapor a small Vape shop in Oklahoma City and over the past 3 years I've had Dozens upon dozens of calls and lost out of town business..."
- "I ordered 4 skull shot glasses and have not received it. Customer service is awful cant get a hold of anyone..."
- "My wife and I spent the better part of 2 years looking for the right 5th wheel. We found it in the 34 TSRE. We took our trailer on a..."
- "I discovered two designer apps for android and really needed them to design t-shirts. They worked great for a while, but then I made the mistake of PAYING for..."