Cruise America - Terrible customer service! Don't use them.
We hired an RV to do a family coast to coast trip with Cruise America. Unfortunately, I found that size of the RV and the rocking effect due to the cheap model of RV has meant that I felt very ill and unable to support my husband with the driving. We felt it was dangerous for us to continue on such a long journey.
When I called Cruise America Customer Assistance for assistance, I was shocked by the company’s very deliberate disinterest and lack of responsiveness. Cruise America promised to let me know within 24 or, latest, 48 hours whether we could drop the RV (a week early and with an additional fee) at another location on the west side of the US. The answer was not forthcoming, even after many hours of listening to their recorded marketing jargon on the Customer Assistance line: “You’ve reached the Cruise America travellers assistance department… all our agents are currently serving other customers…your call is important to us…one moment please, someone will be with you shortly”. Call waiting times averaged 30-40 minutes.
Five days later, there was still no answer and when eventually I forced a response after waiting yet again on their awful Helpline, they said the request had been “denied by Upper Management” as it was not a breakdown of their vehicle. I asked them to talk about my situation, they said said “that’s a whole different situation and we don’t discuss that”. Finally they said “you have a nice day” and hung up!
This left us with absolutely no option but to continue in this unsatisfactory state, driving a badly-designed and heavy RV thousands of miles with limited time and only one active driver – the other one sick and unable to help out either with the driving or the camping and childcare.
Cruise America is a company entirely dedicated to their own, rather than their customers’ convenience. My strong advice to would-be RV renters is to use one of the other providers in the US.
I wish I had seen this website before booking our own trip!
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
- Good design of rv interior and cupboards
What I disliked
- Insufficient cooking equipment
- Poor quality and unhygienic bedding supplied
- Customer services representatives were mostly rude and unhelpful
- Lack of accountability and contact details for staff
You May Also Like
- "Blood all over the inside of one of the two trucks I rented! I reserved two trucks one of the reservations got lost but they were able to get a..."
- "So had to take a last minute trip to Philadelphia. Arrived at 12:15 this morning and couldn't get any discount rate prior to arriving. Had to book a car for..."
- "I bought a new Ford and opted for some after market work to be done by the dealership. They offered to rent me a car at an in house..."
- "Disquesting! Received an edible arrangement for a gift, when I opened it it was torn all apart like someone threw it down the stairs and the fruit was all..."
- "I have had so many people ask me what this sign on my vehicle means, that I am tired of explaining it, so will posting this for a while every..."
- "Purchased dish washer 06/08/14 it failed about a month later have been dealing with dealer/ whirlpool was back ordered a month ago delivery 9/17/14 still no part this is 24th..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."