Update added by user May 17
No comprehension for our problem. No compensation. Irresponsible.
Original review posted by user May 16
DON’T RENT A RV WITH CRUISE AMERICA IN MIAMI SOUTH: dirty AC, hidden fleas, no understanding, no compensation.
During our 10 days trip in the south of Florida we were covered in flea bites since the first day! At first, we thought it were mosquito bites, given the season and the fact that we were travelling through an area where many mosquitos are (different State Parks and The Everglades). The strange thing was that although we sprayed with 100% Deet spray new bites occurred constantly. It was especially at night that we were stung and we realized it couldn’t be mosquito bites since we saw no mosquito’s in the RV. In the end the itch was so unbearable that we have searched for a pharmacist to have his opinion for a tranquilizer. He confirmed it were no mosquito bites but flea bites (see the attached photos of my husband-concentrated bites on the whole body). He recommended a Cortizone-ointment. The itch was a little less but it did not solve the problem. The fleas were probably in the seats, the curtains, the A/C,… and were very hard to catch since you can barely see them. Just the idea that these insects were in the RV was terrible.
When we returned the RV we immediately raised the problem of the fleas. Their only reaction was that we should have called the emergency number. However we only realized it were fleas at the end of our trip and it was not so easy for us to call the emergency number since we stayed mostly in State Parks where no Wi-Fi or phone range was
According to Cruise America there were no more fleas in the RV when we returned it. We cannot believe this after such a short inspection.
They wanted to give no compensation.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Terrible customer service
- Poor maintenance
- No customer service
- Fleas in the rv
You May Also Like
- "We rented a motor home from C/A for Memorial weekend 2016. Upon arriving home we loaded the motor home with our belongings with the idea of my wife putting..."
- "I wish I found this website before i rented from cruise America in Milton, Florida. When I picked up the motor home they never said there would be additional charges..."
- "Rented a car from Palm Beach location, 2 days later discovered tire flat called my private roadsie assistance company only to discover that they had rented me a car with..."
- "I decided to join Trugreen because my backyard had lots of weeds and didn't look very good. However, my front lawn looked great and didn't need any treatment. ..."
- "We two Hungarian engineers who travel lots. In Miami celebrating 15th wedding anniversary a Roomorama nightmare. Host email@example.com or Florida Luxury Vacation Rentals promised wonderful things. We followed instructions carefully,..."
- "We stayed at a Hawthorn suites Orlando this weekend. Upon arriving at the hotel it was total caos. The room smelled dirty and wet, the furniture was broken and full..."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."
- "I placed an order to tummy filler with Zomato using their smartphone app (order no. 9808959) on 23 October 2016, at 4;27 pm. The order (food garlic bread andsalad wrap..."