Update added by user May 17
No comprehension for our problem. No compensation. Irresponsible.
Original review posted by user May 16
DON’T RENT A RV WITH CRUISE AMERICA IN MIAMI SOUTH: dirty AC, hidden fleas, no understanding, no compensation.
During our 10 days trip in the south of Florida we were covered in flea bites since the first day! At first, we thought it were mosquito bites, given the season and the fact that we were travelling through an area where many mosquitos are (different State Parks and The Everglades). The strange thing was that although we sprayed with 100% Deet spray new bites occurred constantly. It was especially at night that we were stung and we realized it couldn’t be mosquito bites since we saw no mosquito’s in the RV. In the end the itch was so unbearable that we have searched for a pharmacist to have his opinion for a tranquilizer. He confirmed it were no mosquito bites but flea bites (see the attached photos of my husband-concentrated bites on the whole body). He recommended a Cortizone-ointment. The itch was a little less but it did not solve the problem. The fleas were probably in the seats, the curtains, the A/C,… and were very hard to catch since you can barely see them. Just the idea that these insects were in the RV was terrible.
When we returned the RV we immediately raised the problem of the fleas. Their only reaction was that we should have called the emergency number. However we only realized it were fleas at the end of our trip and it was not so easy for us to call the emergency number since we stayed mostly in State Parks where no Wi-Fi or phone range was
According to Cruise America there were no more fleas in the RV when we returned it. We cannot believe this after such a short inspection.
They wanted to give no compensation.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Terrible customer service
- Poor maintenance
- No customer service
- Fleas in the rv
You May Also Like
- "I rented a car from Sat 2/14 - Sun 2/15. the total charge was to be 117.50 I asked for an extension from 2/15 - 2/16 the charge came out..."
- " I write to get your advice on a car rental and subsequent deduction of charges which are on dispute On the 20th Of January we hired a vehicle from..."
- "I have been researching the Internet and have found that there are several hundred customers of Cruise America that had the SAME EXACT ISSUES I Had! Faulty Equipment, Unauthorized Charges..."
- "I purchased a (what was told to me) leather sectional. It turns out it was a Bonded Leather sectional. Within the first week, It was un-stitching on the..."
- "Went to the store on flagler and 97th ave, miami fl and bought a black leather sofa in perfect conditions, made my first payment and at the checkout asked the..."
- "Billet Technology has never been licensed by MOPAR ever ! http://www.pcworld.com/article/25914...ringement.html This article points out the exact platform and profile that has been gone through since Billet technology has always been in..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "I recently bought a Pro-Form 225 CSE Elliptical. Once we try it we noticed how much the machine rocks. We try different surfaces, adjusting the feet and tighten up the..."