Update added by user May 17, 2016
No comprehension for our problem. No compensation. Irresponsible.
Original review posted by user May 16, 2016
DON’T RENT A RV WITH CRUISE AMERICA IN MIAMI SOUTH: dirty AC, hidden fleas, no understanding, no compensation.
During our 10 days trip in the south of Florida we were covered in flea bites since the first day! At first, we thought it were mosquito bites, given the season and the fact that we were travelling through an area where many mosquitos are (different State Parks and The Everglades). The strange thing was that although we sprayed with 100% Deet spray new bites occurred constantly. It was especially at night that we were stung and we realized it couldn’t be mosquito bites since we saw no mosquito’s in the RV. In the end the itch was so unbearable that we have searched for a pharmacist to have his opinion for a tranquilizer. He confirmed it were no mosquito bites but flea bites (see the attached photos of my husband-concentrated bites on the whole body). He recommended a Cortizone-ointment. The itch was a little less but it did not solve the problem. The fleas were probably in the seats, the curtains, the A/C,… and were very hard to catch since you can barely see them. Just the idea that these insects were in the RV was terrible.
When we returned the RV we immediately raised the problem of the fleas. Their only reaction was that we should have called the emergency number. However we only realized it were fleas at the end of our trip and it was not so easy for us to call the emergency number since we stayed mostly in State Parks where no Wi-Fi or phone range was
According to Cruise America there were no more fleas in the RV when we returned it. We cannot believe this after such a short inspection.
They wanted to give no compensation.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Terrible customer service
- Poor maintenance
- No customer service
- Fleas in the rv
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The counters at budget always try to upswell no matter what city I'm renting from and the answer is always no with exception of my last experience. The car was..."
- "I was also DENIED by Turo. They requested my Photo id and credit card info. I have an 810 credit score, perfect driving + insurance history and elite membership status..."
- "Got a car at Luton Airport GM while raining and couldn't check it thoroughly. When I returned it they found these scratches and charged me 688 GBP! And the GM..."
- "My parents took my son to get a hair cut at the Smart Style within the Walmart in Beeville, Texas. The haircut he received was very crooked and looked like..."
- " Hi to who it may concern on the 20th January I brought a nice and easy hair= dye did as instructed on box to do hair stran test even..."
- "In august of 2015 installed replacement airbags new shocks and the air compressor on my 01 towncar. Thw warranty was very limited and our system was collapsed but was sure..."
- "PLEASE READ THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY THEN IGNORE YOU. WORTH THE READ. I purchased a watch from this company on November 19, 2016 I..."
- "First I order a bedroom that was delivered to a wrong address. I received it 15 days after. Two parts is missing on My wall entertainment wall ant it scratched...."
- "Very poor phone connection I am always losing signal that or it takes forever to connect to a call what if I was in a life in death situation. ..."