Further to our unsatisfactory experience reviewed on August 12th, we were forced to deliver the RV to the CA "New York City" depot, which is actually in Roslyn, Long Island.
There are no RV parks on Long Island (aside from very small dry camping ones in City Parks, which were fully booked) - therefore the closest is in New Jersey City. Cruise America rules state that you may not drive in Manhattan. Regulations prevent RVs with propane going through tunnels and because of height restrictions you are not allowed on Parkways. Go figure how to get to and through Long Island without being able to use any of these conduits!
When we finally reached their depot, having cleaned the RV and started our nightmare journey at 11am, it was closed. The stated business hours of the office are 8-5 but at 4.30pm it was closed! We called the awful Cruise America helpline to ask what to do and they said we would have to come back the next day at 9am!
While we were waiting for Cruise America to tell us what to do we took some photos of the depot. The place looked as if no one had been there for weeks. There were piles of dustbin bags full of Cruise America bedding right beside mops and cleaning materials. It was disgusting.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Good design of rv interior and cupboards
What I disliked
- Customer services representatives were mostly rude and unhelpful
- Poor quality and unhygienic bedding supplied
- Attitude of workers
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- I would like Cruise America to acknowledge my complaint and assure me that something will be done to address their appalling customer helpline, and close their Roslyn office - and cease to describe it to customers as their "New York City" depot.
- Product or service
- Cruise America Customer Care
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Well... I was on my way to becoming a frequent Enterprise rent-a-car (and truck) customer....until this morning that is. Last week I was in TX (Abliene, TX) and had a great..."
- "We hired an RV to do a family coast to coast trip with Cruise America. Unfortunately, I found that size of the RV and the rocking effect due to..."
- "Booked a 5 day rental from Payless Car Rental at an offsite airport location (Toronto Pearson International) through Expedia. A few days later I checked Priceline and found an..."
- "Dear everyone, who is doing business around the world using paypal, using 99designs, or other busines, witch is including online banking. I want to inform you about the company payoneer.com witch..."
- "While getting ready for work, i had the instyler heating up. All of a sudden a loud bang and a flash, and thank god it tripped the circuit and..."
- "The worst customer service I've experienced in years, but that matches the quality of the product. I wanted a decent wig to wear on bad hair days. I could have..."
- " I purchased two tickets was charge for for leaving my bank account overdrawn by $13 not knowing until the end of the park I checked as I took my..."
- "Name is Nagesh.I placed an order at for SUBWAY lower parel phoenix mill store at 2.25 PM and got messge that it will get delivered by 3.10pm . no one..."
- "Having worked for nine years and had Frontier service as long. They have Tech's that will add services to your billing and until you discover it they won't return any..."