Cruise America "New York City" depot is an abandoned shack in Long Island!
Further to our unsatisfactory experience reviewed on August 12th, we were forced to deliver the RV to the CA "New York City" depot, which is actually in Roslyn, Long Island.
There are no RV parks on Long Island (aside from very small dry camping ones in City Parks, which were fully booked) - therefore the closest is in New Jersey City. Cruise America rules state that you may not drive in Manhattan. Regulations prevent RVs with propane going through tunnels and because of height restrictions you are not allowed on Parkways. Go figure how to get to and through Long Island without being able to use any of these conduits!
When we finally reached their depot, having cleaned the RV and started our nightmare journey at 11am, it was closed. The stated business hours of the office are 8-5 but at 4.30pm it was closed! We called the awful Cruise America helpline to ask what to do and they said we would have to come back the next day at 9am!
While we were waiting for Cruise America to tell us what to do we took some photos of the depot. The place looked as if no one had been there for weeks. There were piles of dustbin bags full of Cruise America bedding right beside mops and cleaning materials. It was disgusting.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Good design of rv interior and cupboards
What I disliked
- Customer services representatives were mostly rude and unhelpful
- Poor quality and unhygienic bedding supplied
- Attitude of workers
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- I would like Cruise America to acknowledge my complaint and assure me that something will be done to address their appalling customer helpline, and close their Roslyn office - and cease to describe it to customers as their "New York City" depot.
- Product or service
- Cruise America Customer Care
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This apartment complex has been nothing but issues. I do not receive any notifications about important notices like everyone else I know does. The outside of the building is always..."
- "Filthy, ants, roaches and the smell was horrible. We had to purchase cleaning products to wash every inch of the interior. Please to not rent from this company in Tampa.io;j.˚˜b..."
- "I have never in my life dealt with such an UNPROFESSIONAL company that had NO REGARD for the Safety of their Customers. I rented a Cruise America Truck for 21..."
- "HB Anon, for all your righteous high-flown talk about "...Loss of cash value ...never has been deceptive..." isn't it funny how so few people--including most of the WFG agents..."
- "Not trying to kill your dreams here. I’m trying to -save- you, your families, your friendships, and your money from this endless soul-sucking NIGHTMARE. I worked full-time for WFG in..."
- "Purchaed Stop and Shop 100% Pure Maple Syrup US Grade A Dark Amber 12 ounce about 2 weeks ago, used once and refrigerated. Went to use it this morning..."
- "I ordered a dress Nov. 15 , they said it would be shipped in 4-7 days. They took the payment, I paid with my debit card. And to this day..."
- "I recently bought a Pro-Form 225 CSE Elliptical. Once we try it we noticed how much the machine rocks. We try different surfaces, adjusting the feet and tighten up the..."
- "Thank God I only purchased 1 item - a coat. My flannel nightgowns have more shape and quality than the completely crappy coat I got from Modily! It cost $31.50..."