Cruise America "New York City" depot is an abandoned shack in Long Island!
Further to our unsatisfactory experience reviewed on August 12th, we were forced to deliver the RV to the CA "New York City" depot, which is actually in Roslyn, Long Island.
There are no RV parks on Long Island (aside from very small dry camping ones in City Parks, which were fully booked) - therefore the closest is in New Jersey City. Cruise America rules state that you may not drive in Manhattan. Regulations prevent RVs with propane going through tunnels and because of height restrictions you are not allowed on Parkways. Go figure how to get to and through Long Island without being able to use any of these conduits!
When we finally reached their depot, having cleaned the RV and started our nightmare journey at 11am, it was closed. The stated business hours of the office are 8-5 but at 4.30pm it was closed! We called the awful Cruise America helpline to ask what to do and they said we would have to come back the next day at 9am!
While we were waiting for Cruise America to tell us what to do we took some photos of the depot. The place looked as if no one had been there for weeks. There were piles of dustbin bags full of Cruise America bedding right beside mops and cleaning materials. It was disgusting.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Good design of rv interior and cupboards
What I disliked
- Customer services representatives were mostly rude and unhelpful
- Poor quality and unhygienic bedding supplied
- Attitude of workers
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- I would like Cruise America to acknowledge my complaint and assure me that something will be done to address their appalling customer helpline, and close their Roslyn office - and cease to describe it to customers as their "New York City" depot.
- Product or service
- Cruise America Customer Care
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We rented a motor home from C/A for Memorial weekend 2016. Upon arriving home we loaded the motor home with our belongings with the idea of my wife putting..."
- "I'm not usually one to put businesses on blast on the internet BUT - Ridge Crossings Apartments is a joke of place to call a home, neighborhood, or property management..."
- "First time using VRBO and read the reviews, but went with it regardless. In the end, should have kept my hotel reservation for the same $$$. We arrived 1AM and..."
- "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY THEY HAVE THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IS OUT THERE. THEY GET YOUR MONEY AND THEN TURN A CHEEK TO YOU...."
- "I'm a great fun of Tommy Hilfiger products, however, this SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN Sweater i bought right before new year come with the cheapest quality, just after wearing it for..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "First Class Exteriors / Mary & John Langona from Howard Beach NY did my roof and had to come back three times already to do repairs. Yet again five rows..."
- "I called Airbnb to let them know that I had a signed contract with Ms. Ponga which superseded theirs and any dispute was to be handled my the American Arbitration..."
- "We are pissed at FEMA. Our Condo Development is 24 years old is on Flushing Bay that hasn't had a flood in 234 years. FEMA a few years ago reassessed..."